Master in Fashion Design.
- Length: 1 year
- Study pace: Full time
- Education level: Master's degree
- Institute: Accademia del Lusso School of Fashion & Design
- Location: Milan
- Language: English
- Start date: February 2019 / October 2019
- Application deadline: 31/01/2019 OR 02/10/2019
The Master in Fashion Design shapes a fashion designer who caneasily enter the product area of fashion and luxury goods businesses.
The course explores a range of creative and design elements as well as training participants in the technical aspects of fashion industrial production; such as collection planning, merchandising, costing and processing. Fundamental components of the course include garment construction and production processes, completed by the use of moulage techniques and 3D CAD simulations. The curriculum also covers specialist techniques in textile design, fabric finishing, and embellishment.
Students are furthermore taught how to improve the processes employed in the creation of accessories collections, strengthened through the use of CAD design and 3D printers, and will also gain the skills needed to build and promote a start-up company.
• 3-year university degree or equivalent
• Suitable knowledge of English
Example Subject Areas
• Fashion Graphic Design
• Collection Design & Planning
• Collection Costing & Processing
• Buying Techniques & Merchandising
• Moulage & 3D Patternmaking
• Textiles Design
• Fabric Finishing & Embellishments
• Eco-fashion & Sustainable Fabrics
• Personal Branding & Portfolio
• Project Management & Start-ups
• Practical Workshops
Fashion Designer, Textile Designer, Accessories and Footwear Designer, Product Manager, Textile and Materials Researcher, Collection Manager, Art Director.
Accademia del Lusso was founded in 2005, and is the School of Fashion & Design in Italy specialised in training key professional figures in the fashion, design and luxury sectors. Our main school site is on Via Montenapoleone, an inspiring location at the heart of Milan’s fashion district, and a mandatory stop for whoever wants to come into contact with the inner core of the fashion world.