Undergraduate Courses - Milan
- Credits: 180
- Attendance: Full-time
- Language: English
The educational objective of the course is to train professionals in the fashion industry who are able to take part in the creative process, the value proposition and the promotion of a brand or a fashion product and its defining style and aesthetic. Becoming a Fashion Stylist, which is a multidisciplinary and analytical profile, requires the completion of a transversal educational path which must include a solid cultural background and a strong understanding of the technical tools of photography, video-making, and the world of fashion. Fashion Stylists have the ability to create a wide framework of visual and aesthetic references for a brand and interpret and analyse trends.
From the second year students have the possibility to attend the specialisation in Fashion Communication (taught exclusively in Italian) to create and manage an integrated communication strategy, manage an advertising campaign, deal with the media and those operating throughout the sector, organize events and fashion shows, but also plan and launch a product, a designer or a brand.
- The First Level Academic Diploma is recognized by MIUR (Ministry for Education, University and Research) and equated with the Bachelor’s Degree issued by Universities.
– Lately this profession has widened its range of competences to the point where it now plays a fundamental role in the artistic direction of collections, integrated communication strategies, cool hunting and trend setting.
Methodology and structure
– The course trains students through a practical experimentation of the methods, the tools which have been studied and the cultural aspects: the projects (photo shoots of women, men and still life) are undertaken by studying the phases of research/development/and realization and represent the basic building blocks of the course of study. Each subject is thought about as it relates to the project: the technical and creative tools (software, digital corrections of the images, creating video); the cultural signals (contemporary fashion, photography, semiotics and in general being able to interpret images).
The fundamental goal is to form a Fashion Stylist capable of managing the creative process, the mechanisms of project design, to gain a full understanding of the different styles that fashion has historically experienced, as well as the contemporary trends, and to gain the ability to critically analyse new forms of fashion.
- Fashion Stylist, Brand Consultant, Creative Direction Coordinator, Fashion Research Expert, Fashion Editorial Expert, Trend Forecaster
- Style, History of Art and Costume
- Design Methods
- History of Fashion 1
- Digital Image Processing
- Design Methods for Visual Communication
- Fashion Design 1
- Business Thinking and Management 1
- History of Photography 1
- Perception Theory and the Psychology of Form
- History of Fashion 2
- Computer Graphic
- Fashion Design 2
- Design Methods for Visual Communication 2
- Fundamentals of Video Production
- Arts Semiotics 2
- History of Photography 2
- Business Thinking and Management 2
- Theory and Analysis of the Film and Audiovisual Presentations
- Phenomenology of Contemporary Arts
- Design Methods for Visual Communication 3
- Fashion Design 3
- Sociology of Culture
- Fashion Design 4